What is the Verified by Civic Pass program?
The Verified by Civic Pass program is now closed. Projects whose creators’ identities were previously verified are listed below. Please note that the Verified by Civic Pass program was designed to verify the real-world identities of creators. We do not endorse or vouch for projects that participated in this program, nor did we perform due diligence on them beyond our identity verification services. Please see full service details below.
The following verification steps were part of the Verified by Civic Pass program:
- Verification of control of project Twitter handle
- Verification of control of project domain
- Identity verification of project founders, including:
- ID document capture and limited-scope document verification
- 3D FaceScan of individual completing verification
- Facial match comparison between the 3D face of the live user to their 2D photo identity document
- Sanction, Politically Exposed Person, and Adverse Media listings screening
The following were the service details of the Verified by Civic Pass program, while it was in operation:
- Verified by Civic Pass is not supported for users under the age of 18.
- Verified by Civic Pass is not supported for nationals and residents of the following countries: Belarus, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Ukraine, and Venezuela.
- Civic reserves the right to decline projects at its discretion.
- Civic does not endorse or vouch for projects participating in its Verified by Civic Pass program.
- Civic does not perform due diligence on the project and the project team’s involvement in other projects (historic or ongoing).
- Civic will endeavor to protect the true identities of individuals who completed the identity verification process as part of this offering.
- Civic aims to protect the privacy of all its users. We do not release sensitive information gathered through the Verified by Civic Pass program. If we are presented with substantiated evidence of wrongdoing by authorities, a formal court order, subpoena, or equivalent, we will collaborate appropriately to honor the request for information.
- Requests to share information with authorities will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
What projects’ creators have been Verified by Civic Pass?
Only creators of the projects on the Verified by Civic Pass list went through identity verification. We do not endorse or vouch for projects that participated in this program, nor did we perform due diligence on them beyond our identity verification services. Please see full service details above.
Angels of the Metaverse
Beach Bums vs Exotic Apes
Big Daddy Ape Club
Bog Frog Clubhouse
Bored Ape Social Club
Bounty Hunter Space Guild
Cix on Cox
Corgi Royal Club
Crypto Toes by toeMART
Degen Ape Society
Dhevas Neon Evolution
Doodle Ape Organization
Drip Bots Mafia
Extinct Creatures Moon Club
Eye Of Dao
Flux Art Project
Ghosts Haunted Country Club
Heavens Sevens Lotto
High Roller Hippo Clique
House of Sparta
Iconic Ape Club
Lost Lands of Sol
Metasaurs by Dr. DMT
Million Dollar Vault
New Bat City
Pixel Lionz Crew
Prickly Pete’s Platoon
Solana Dirty Water Dogs
Solbucks Brew Club
Soldier X Solvivor
WereWolf Club | Lara Labs
Wicked Water Bears
Wild Pumas Society
Yerba Mate NFT
What if I have an issue with a project that was Verified by Civic Pass?
We will continue to support ongoing investigations. You can file a complaint with law enforcement here: https://www.ic3.gov/.
My NFT project is in process of being Verified by Civic Pass. What should I do?
We have closed the Verified by Civic Pass program, and the NFT projects in process will not be completed.
Why are you closing the Verified by Civic Pass program?
The Verified by Civic Pass program was designed to verify the real-world identities of creators. The program was a free service that was intended to be one piece of the trust and safety puzzle for the NFT community.
Civic specializes in identity verification, and while this is an important step of building trust, the community would benefit most from a service that has additional due diligence processes for NFT projects, which Civic does not offer.
Although the Verified by Civic Pass program is closed, we’re keeping a public record of the projects we’ve already doxxed, and we will continue to assist with law enforcement action as needed.