What is KYC?
Civic Reusable KYC (Know Your Customer) is the blockchain-based tool for organizations that require more than basic account verification services. Our global KYC application enhances basic account verification services (mobile number and email verification) with scanning and verification of documents, such as passport and driver’s license, and Accredited Investor Checks using the Civic Mobile App.
How it works?
Identity verification is a voluntary information exchange between the User and the Requester. The Civic Secure Identity Platform (SIP) stores and shares Authenticated Data only with User permission, while the Civic Marketplace is a decentralized environment where CVCs are used for attestation payments. An individual downloads the Civic App, establishes an account, and, upon signing up for Requester services, they verify their identity on the blockchain and share the Authenticated Data with Requesters.
How do I request KYC access?
From Integration Portal:
- Sign in to Integration Portal or Register for Civic Integration Portal account.
- From the side menu, click KYC Beta.
- Request access to KYC using the button.
- Please allow a few business days for review. Primary owner will be notified via email.
- To activate this feature on your Civic implementation, please update the scope request parameter from BASIC_SIGNUP to PROOF_OF_IDENTITY.
If you are interested in learning more but do not have an Integration Portal, please submit an inquiry here.