What is Civic Secure ID backup?
The Civic app securely backs up to your iCloud or Google Drive account. This enables you to retain access to your identity if you delete and reinstall Civic - even across devices! Since every person’s identity is unique, you will not be able to set up another, new Civic Secure ID. If no backup is found upon reinstall, you will need to reset your account.
Please note that after your account has been reset, you may lose access to previous logins for all partner authorized apps and sites until you successfully verify the same identity information.
Enabling backup on iPhone:
- Goto Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
- Select iCloud Drive.
- Make sure “iCloud Drive” is on.
Enabling backup on Android:
- Go to Settings.
- Find Backup & Reset, or, System > Backup.
- Make sure your backup account is the same as before.
- Make sure “Backup to Google Drive” or "Backup to iCloud" is on.*
Enabling backup in the Civic app
- Launch Civic ap and click on the Profile icon
2. Click on the Widget icon
3. Ensure "Backups Enabled" is on
* Android only: Auto backup occurs roughly every night and when ALL below conditions are met:
- Minimum version Android 6.0.
- Backup is enabled on the device in Settings > Backup & Reset.
- At least 24 hours have elapsed since the last backup.
- The device is idle and charging.
- The device is connected to a Wi-Fi network. If the device is never connected to a wifi network, then Auto Backup never occurs.